Sol em Londres

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Becoming British...

... am I?

Mmm, maybe, after this weekend I definitely got a bit closer. And I'm writing in english, that can be a sign.

Went on a weekend trip to Yorkshire to climb, do a bit of sport climbing. Finally! And I'm more than happy! Raised my level, leading four 6b, three of them on sight, actually I didn't even know that I was climbing that much. Not bad, bearing in mind the surgery to the shoulder.

What about the british? After the first climbing day, foggy, sunny, then cold, foggy again, etc, went to a really cool party, a barbeque at an amazing house in Leeds, everyone British except me, drinking, talking, getting wasted... Next day, rainning, trying to do some bouldering, but nothing. So what to do? Spend the day at the pub!
Starting to drink the first pint around 2pm, talking, laughing, playing card games (bridge...) drinkind some, getting in touch to all the british "culture", getting wasted. After all, I was really enjoying, not that I can cope with that for all the time, but during this day was quite funny. I got to live around with all these people, many totally crazy, the result of hanging around with climbers, by nature already a bit loose in their heads, even more if trad (classical style of climbing) leading is the rule and taking 7 meters falls on their own placed gear something aceptable in order to raise the level. Ah, and never forget to pay a round to everyone, which in portuguese money is like taking a group of 6 friends to dinner and pay for all of them.

By the way, it seems that I'm in charge of organizing a place in Cascais for them. Want to go for a climbing and surfing trip, in Portugal in the begining of September, what a better place than this?

That was it from your international pub(lic) relationships.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home